Covid-19 Update: CLICK HERE FOR SAFETY PLAN
Dear Parents of Flip City Gymnastics Club – As of June 10, 2020
Dear Flip City Staff and Families;
As British Columbia public health authorities develop guidelines to lift some restrictions on gathering in a responsible way, Gymnastics BC has been working with viaSport and the Province of British Columbia to understand the recommendations our Chief Provincial Health Officer and how they best apply within sport.
Flip City Gymnastics Club COVID-19 Safety Plan has been developed in order to ensure:
- health and safety of all individuals is a priority
- activities are in alignment with provincial health recommendations
- modifications to activities are in place in order to reduce the risks to each sport organization and its participants
- our sport is united and aligned on a plan to reopen throughout the province
While we do hope things will return to normal in the not too distant future, this COVID-19 Safety Plan will be the ‘new normal’ until we are advised otherwise by public health authorities
If you choose to enter the club facility and/or participate in activities, you must follow these rules:
- If you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home.
- If you have (or if someone from your household has) traveled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at the facility until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID19, please stay home.
- Wash your hands before participating.
- Bring your own equipment, water bottle and hand sanitizer.
- Comply with physical distancing measures at all time.
- Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, etc.
- Leave the facility as quickly as possible after the program, parents should plan to drop off and pick up their children promptly at the scheduled times
Our Return to Sport Plan is based on current public health guidance. While we are all doing our best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, while the virus circulates in our communities it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk. Each participant must make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to resume participation at this time. As such, you must consider your own circumstances and make a decision that is right for you. Should you choose to join us, we require your full cooperation with our COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Dear Parents of Flip City Gymnastics Club – As of March 13, 2020
We have all been reading about and watching the news regarding the impact of the Coronavirus. Canadian health officials (Fraser Health, Centre for Disease Control, etc.) have reported that the risk of contracting Coronavirus is very low and we can continue with our usual daily activities.
Knowledge of this virus continues to grow. We are now aware of early evidence that this virus can cause a range of mild to severe symptoms, and it is possible that people will not recognize symptoms that are mild. During this time, they can reduce the chance of spread by limiting contact with others. At this time we are doing our best to clean and/or wipe down common area surfaces and equipment as often as possible.
At this time we are asking families participating in activities at Flip City to take the following precautions:
- If you or anyone in your family is ill or has any symptoms that include fever, coughing and/or is exhibiting breathing difficulties, please keep yourself and your athlete at home. Consider consulting with your doctor as needed.
Health officials have also reminded us that we should continue to take the usual precautions that help protect us from this and other diseases:
- Wash your hands frequently – with soap under warm running water for at least 20 seconds. Before and after entering and exiting the facility.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing or, alternatively, to use a tissue and then throw away the tissue and wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with any individual who has a fever or cough and/or is exhibiting breathing difficulties.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
For more information, please refer to the following resources:
- Novel Coronavirus Q&A from HealthLinkBC:
- BC Centre for Disease Control: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/disaseses-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
- Government of Canada Travel Health Notices:
We will be sure to keep you updated of any further measures Flip City is taking that may impact our programs or procedures.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping to foster a healthy and safe environment for everyone. Safety is our priority.
Please direct any questions to me directly.